Why use timber cladding?
We thought that it would be useful to summarise a few of the environmental, aesthetic and practical advantages of using external timber cladding in any building project:-
- It's a lightweight material offering protective and decorative design functions.
- Timber is a renewable resource and is certified to ensure it's sustainability.
- It is attractive in grain and colour.
- Dry installation makes it quick to install.
- Low carbon footprint - requires less energy to produce than any other building material.
- Wide choice of softwoods, hardwoods and modified woods to suite all budgets.
- Available in a number of styles, textures, profiles and finish options which encourages design innovation.
- Outstanding thermal and sound insulation properties.
- Suitable for both new build and renovation projects.
- Potential for re-cycling at the end of it's life.
- Performance easily enhanced by surface coatings, treatments or flame retardants.
Photo shows recently machined cedar cladding treated with Teknos mid-oak stain.